Puppy & Kitten Exams
Congratulations on the arrival of your new puppy or kitten!
Preventive care is one of our top priorities. We provide puppy and kitten wellness programs to make it easy for your new pet to get the preventive care he or she needs. Your new pet’s first wellness visit should be at 6–8 weeks of age. This first visit will start wtih a full physical health evaluation so we can create a personalized health plan to start your puppy or kitten out on the right foot!
- Physical examination, assessing each organ system
- Life style, life stage, and breed considerations
- Diet and Nutrition; body and muscle condition scoring is important especially throught the growth stages
- Medical conditions
- Infectious and zoonotic disease testing, prevention, and control
- Parasite testing, prevention, and control
Finally we put together an individualized plan for your puppy or kitten, which includes:
- Vaccinations (puppies)
- Canine distemper virus, Canine adenovirus-2, Canine parvovirus
- Rabies virus
- Vaccinations (kittens)
- Feline leukemia virus
- Feline panleukopenia virus, Feline herpesvirus-1, Calicivirus
- Rabies virus
- Internal parasite testing (please bring a fresh fecal sample!)
- Early disease and/or genetic screening tests
- Every dog & cat should have or receive:
- Appropriate identification including microchipping
- Reproductive and genetic counseling and spaying or neutering unless specifically intended for breeding purposes
Before going home, we will create a follow-up plan and set expectations for your next visit.
*Generally puppies and kittens are vaccinated starting at 6-8 weeks of age, and have booster vaccinations every 3-4 weeks until they reach 16 weeks of age.
Your puppy or kitten will have thier own medical record including thorough documentation of each patient visit.